Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cold!

Dan and I picked up our new furniture on Friday that he got me for Christmas and we brought it out to the lake. It was soooo cold outside, we both vowed never to move anything out to the lake in the winter again! But, after we moved the other furniture to the basement and the new ones inside it was worth it. On Saturday we tried out our snowshoes for the first time and hiked along the dam through the fresh snow. Beautiful! Too bad I forgot my camera to capture the scenery.

Picture of the new loveseat, chair and some of my Christmas decorations.
Finally, we have furniture in the basement!

I'm now off of work until January 5th, so I'm enjoying time at home getting some projects done that never seem to get accomplished during the work week. Then we are off to my aunt and uncle's in Apple Valley on Christmas Eve to celebrate with the extended family on my side. We are at my parents on Christmas and then we might spend some time at the lake next weekend. Dan's parents haven't moved yet, but hopefully that will happen sometime this week too.

Dan has a big decision to make at work that has to happen by January 5th. Best Buy is offering voluntary separation to their corporate employees, which means Dan could leave mid-February and get paid until next Thanksgiving. If he finds another job during that time he'd still get the pay from Best Buy and from his new job, so we think he might take the deal. We will be praying he finds a job quickly!

If I don't get back on here before Thursday, Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: