Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bethany flipped over!

Last Tuesday, January 12th, Bethany flipped over from her tummy to her back at a day shy of 11 weeks old! First it happened when she was doing tummy time on her activity mat and then I put her on the bed with me while I was folding laundry and she did it again! On Friday the 15th I caught it on video camera too but since she usually does it when she is mad and wants to flip onto her back I will spare you from posting it on here :) But, I am going to learn how to post videos so anyone can see what she is up to.. hopefully it isn't hard to learn. I haven't even figured out how to get the videos from our camera to our computer yet though.
Bethany is also really getting good at standing on our laps while we hold only her hands. She stands whenever she can and still loves to smile and take her baths. She has had a few more nights where she slept for 5 hrs at a time, but then sometimes reverts back to waking up every two hours :( It will be nice when she is a little more consistent with sleeping at night, but it is much better than it used to be! I keep putting her in her crib for all her naps and she usually sleeps pretty well in there for all of them. She takes one in the morning about an hour after waking up, then a 1-2 hr one over lunch and a 1.5-2.5 hr one in the afternoon before staying up until we go to bed. We think she is done being swaddled so we've tried the last few nights without the swaddle me sleep sacks and she seems to like that better.

Last Saturday the 9th we had my sisters baby shower at my cousin Lindsay's house. It was a lot of fun and Amber got some nice things to prepare for Baby Gilchrist. Afterwards Amber and Brent babysat Bethany so Dan and I could go on a date! We went to Avatar in 3D and then went to the gym to work out and ate at Outback. It was nice to get away and Amber and Brent said they enjoyed watching their niece. She got to try out some of her cousins things before he arrives.

We took some fun pictures over the last few weeks. Her facial expressions are so funny. Sometimes when we make new sounds like whistling she stops and looks around trying to figure out what is going on or listens intently like below.
Mommy and Bethany snuggling in our pjs.
For Christina:

This is her Popeye impression

1 comment:

ScottandChistina said...

Thanks for sharing, Heather. Love the pictures!