Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas in Kerkhoven

Sunday we went to my childhood hometown of Kerkhoven to celebrate Christmas with my grandparents and family on my dad's side. Last year Bethany was just 2.5 months old, so this year she was into everything! She liked having it at the Civic Center because she could run around without getting into trouble. It is always fun as nostalgic to go back to my hometown and remember all the childhood memories. Grandma and Grandpa gave Bethany and Charlie very special gifts.... at Hallmark they have the recordable storybooks and they recorded them reading a story just for their great-grandkids. It is about a little princess and my grandpa sometimes said Bethany instead of she when referring to the princess in the book which was so sweet. We read it when we got home and Bethany kept running over to the book to look at it when it played their voices on each page. Thank you for the wonderful gift Grandma and Grandpa, we will cherish it always!

Bethany "helping" pass out the gifts - she is saying one of her new favorite words "oooooh"


yeah, we can share food again!


Bethany, me and Great-Grandma

We are celebrating our third Christmas on Christmas this weekend with my family at the cabin. With all the snow we are getting I hope the roads are safe for everyone this week!

No comments: