Monday, October 24, 2011

April's 1st smile - 1 month old

I can't believe April turned 1 month old this past Saturday! We had gone into the doctor on Thursday to get some reflux medication because she has had a hard time going to sleep by herself laying flat. I think the meds are working because last night she slept 2 hours straight, woke up to eat and then slept another 1 hour in her pack n play. Even today she has take a 1 hr nap and a 1.5 hr nap in there so I think we are doing a little better than before when she'd only sleep laying right next to me or with me holding her.

Other than sleeping, April is a wonderful baby. She puts up with a lot of noise from big sister Bethany and lots of inadvertant bonks and overall just loves to be around us. We were so excited that on her one month birthday she was all smiles! I was saying her name in an exaggerated way and she just looked at me for awhile and then her eyes lit up and she smiled and smiled. Bethany joined in and we had fun trying to catch pictures of it.

April you are such a sweetie and while I'd love a little more sleep, I have to say that snuggling with you is pretty fun and I know I'll miss these moments someday :) We love you so much and love your little smiles and smirks. You big cheeks make me smile and want to just eat you up! You are growing so well - 10 lbs 5 oz at the Dr this week (Bethany didn't get to that point until her 2 month bday!) and are getting so strong trying to hold your head up and practice tummy time. Thanks for being so flexible and coming along for the ride with your busy older sister!

No comments: