Tuesday, December 27, 2011

April 3 months old





I couldn't get the picture to come up so I converted it to video... hopefully this works!


Well, sweet girl, you are 3 months old. We know you weighed in at 14 lbs 3 oz in early December so you are likely pushing 15 lbs easily by now! You fit perfectly into your 3-6 month clothes but pretty soon we need to get your 9 month clothes out and washed.


You are SO good. Everyone comments on how easy you are and how you love to just be held and talked to. When I went back to work, the nursery workers said that you just hang out and love to interact with people. I sometimes have to put you down, but as soon as I'm back you flash that beautiful full face smile at me and it makes me feel so special! (But, I've seen you give others that smile too.. it isn't just reserved for me!)


We've been comparing pictures and videos of you and Bethany when she was your age and you look very different. She was always moving and tended to screech if she didn't get what she wanted. You definitely want to be fed and held, but your protests aren't quite as loud and you are quickly calmed.


Bedtime is still a challenge because you wake up quickly after being laid down. You can put yourself to sleep just fine, but end up waking up a lot and in order to keep the rest of the family sleeping, I usually pick you up and you give me a BIG smile. I know you just want to cuddle and somehow you sleep so much better snuggled under my arm in our bed. This is something that we will need to address soon, but I think we'll wait until 4 months. It is also a reason why you might be putting on the lbs because you eat around the clock! A lot of babies eat throughout the day and then that allows them to sleep through the night. You may be bothered by your reflux still and so since you wake up, it seems like feeding you is what you want.


You are doing so well at holding your head up and we are trying to keep practicing more tummy time. We put you in your Bumbo seat last night (snuggly) and you played with a toy. When you concentrate on things you bite your lower lip, it is so cute! Both of your bottom two teeth are now in and hopefully we won't have to go through teething for awhile ago. Not that you fuss a lot, but I can tell it does give you a bit of pain and it is certainly painful for me feeding you :)


I can't tell you how special you are to us, April Faith. This last month has had some very difficult times that I'm not ready to process on paper (or blog) yet and I may never be able to. All I know is that you are one loved little girl and we thank Jesus for you.

No comments: