Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon

Well, we did it!  We finished the half marathon today and while I feel extremely sore and very, very tired, I am so proud of us for accomplishing this goal!  Despite my knee issue in January, 2 sinus infections, my ankle issue I was able to find time to train and finish the race in under 2:30.  All four of us ran together the first half of the race and after we saw the kids near our house my side-ache made me slow down a bit and Dan, Amber and Brent ran on ahead.  He finished ahead of his pacer group and Amber and Brent were close behind.  It was an amazing experience with all the runners and the people who came out to cheer everyone on along the way.  It really helped, and next year I'll bring out my lawn chair and cheer on the runners too :)

Dan's parents and my parents watched the kids and it was fun they came to watch us at the halfway point and at the end.  Bethany went straight for my snacks that we got as we crossed the finish line and proclaimed me "stinky."  After a wonderful shower, we all napped while the kids napped and I'm just so happy we're done.  Yes it was a lot of work, but I'm glad we did it!

Before the race at 7 a.m.  Bethany and Charlie had signs to hold for us

Waving at the kids at the half way point near our house - it was so fun to have cheerleaders!

1 comment:

Four Buttons said...

Nice work Heather!! That is a big race, so glad you were able to do it and smile during the race!! Way to go :)

See you guys soon, we are so looking forward to it!!