Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring allergies

I never thought that I actually had allergies. Sure, I get sneezy in the spring and fall, but never enough to be really unbearable. But, this last week I was sneezing all the time and think I must be affected by something.

Yesterday we celebrated my sister's birthday a little early at my parents house. I had been sneezing all morning so when I got there my mom asked if I needed any Benadryl. It sounded like a good idea so I took 2 pills. I don't think I've taken any allergy medicene in a long time so I really don't know the difference between them. Apparently, Benadryl makes you sleepy and taking 2 pills makes you REALLY sleepy. During lunch I was eating and started to feel tired, and couldn't figure it out since I'd gotten a lot of sleep the night before. Finally I commented on it, and my mom mentioned the Benadryl and it all made sense.... and a hour and a half later after my nap on the couch while everyone else went for a walk I felt much better :)

Sorry for sleeping during your birthday party Amber, and thanks for the nice meals mom! I promise to not take Benadryl at any more family events!

No comments: