Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Almost 7 weeks

Bethany will be 7 weeks old tomorrow! We heard back from the Dr. yesterday and her jaundice levels dropped all the way to 9.8. I thought they would be down slightly but didn't want to get my hopes up... I am so glad they dropped as low as they did. Now we can stop with the weekly trips to the lab and wait until her 2 month visit after Christmas to see if her color still looks better. If so, we won't have to do bloodwork - yea!

Its be fun to enjoy the holidays this year with Bethany. This past weekend we celebrated Christmas with Dan's parents as we are unsure when his sister will have their baby and his parents will drive off to Chicago. We also had the Momentum Christmas party on Friday night at church with yummy potluck food and good fellowship with friends. Then on Sunday we drove to Kerkhoven to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday at their church. It was a great time to take pictures with family and see people from my hometown that I haven't seen in years. Bethany was a big hit and Grandpa loved carrying her around to show her off. Then that night we saw my moms parents from CA along with my aunt for dinner at mom and dads. Bethany got to meet both sets of great-grandparents in the same day!

I will have to figure out how to post videos on the blog soon. Bethany still LOVES her baths and yesterday I videoed her for a little bit just lounging around in the warm water. She is definitely awake for longer periods of time and loves looking around and listening to new noises and voices. She did so well with new people this weekend and the background noise of lots of voices lulled her to sleep for much of it! I am now washing her 0-3 month clothes as she is graduating into them from her newborn sizes. When I was pregnant I thought she'd go right into 3 month clothes because of her length but because she was born early we got a lot of use out of newborn outfits!
Here are a couple pictures:
Bethany with Daddy watching the Vikings game - well I think she was watching him cheer!
Bethany in her sleepsack
Hanging out on the couch at Grandma and Grandpas with all her friends
Going for a walk in the sling

3 comments:

ScottandChistina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ScottandChistina said...

So cute Heather!! That picture of her on the couch is hysterical. She looks like a little ragdoll squished between the cushions. What merriment children bring to the holidays!

Lindsay said...

SO cute! I cant believe all the hair she has! I want to hold her at Christmas with the Baumans!!