Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Today was my first Mother's Day! I guess Bethany wanted me to know how much she needs me because she started out by fussing during the night which she never does anymore. In order to get some sleep I let her cuddle with me in bed for awhile but she was still sleeping very fitfully. When we got up (early) Dan made me breakfast in bed and I was about to dig in when Bethany decided she needed to eat - right then. So, after that fussy moment she was ok for awhile, but then started crying again and only wanted me to hold her. We made it to the early service at church and then she went down for a short nap before brunch with my family. Charlie slept peacefully through the whole meal at Redstone but not Bethany. She would be good for awhile, but then fussy again until I fed her and she took another short nap in my arms while I tried to eat. I'm getting rather good at eating while holding her! After brunch the guys watched the babies at home while my mom, sister and I celebrated at a spa in Edina with a massage and pedicure. It was very relaxing! Once we got home Bethany needed me again so I carried her around with me, fed her some dinner and got her to sleep. Although it was an abnormally clingy day for her, it was a nice reminder that she loves her mommy and I love her! I can make everything better and love it when she reaches her arms up towards me to pick her up.

Bethany - I never knew how much I wanted to be a mom before you, and I never knew how much I could fall in love with someone that I've only known for a few months. You are my beautiful, happy, cuddly baby and I love you so much! Thank you for being my sweet little girl.



Brunch at Redstone
Playing with ducky during bath time

Sitting all by herself, playing with her toys

1 comment:

Four Buttons said...

Hey Heather! Happy 1st Mother's Day!!! So sweet that despite all the fussiness, you could see that she just needed her mama and how special that bond is between you two :) Bethany is so sweet, she is such a good mix of you and Dan!!