Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bethany's first visit to the park

It was a hot and humid day in Minnesota today. I think the temp was in the upper 80's but with the humidity it felt a lot warmer! After bringing out the boat to the cabin this weekend we spent our Sunday afternoon taking naps in the comfort of our air conditioned home and then ventured out to the park. Dan found a Chariot Cougar stroller, jogger, bike trailer on craigslist and we've used it a few times so far this year. Today we took it to the park and Bethany tried out the swing, slide and sat in the toy car. She really like the swing. I sat on the ground in front of her and every time she'd swing towards me she'd giggle and laugh hysterically!

She is really getting good and reaching for things and grabbing. At the lake we'll walk around outside and she'll be hanging over my shoulder pulling at the nearest leaf or flower. She likes to grab paper - like junk mail or fliers we get - which is fine for her to hold, but everything goes in her mouth these days so it just comes out a messy, soggy blob. She gets extremely upset if we try to take her paper away from her, so we'd better come up with something else equally as fun soon! Actually I think she just likes everything we have. So, if Dan or I are on the computer, or phones, or reading mail she will reach and grab and try and get whatever it is we are doing. Another funny thing is that while playing with a toy if we happen to walk by and she thinks there is a possibility that we'll pick her up, she'll throw the toy sideways as far as she can away from her and reach her hands up towards us. I think she's trying to say "I don't have anything I'm playing with, really, so just pick me up!" It is very cute and flattering. Dan said that when she's in her teens and doesn't think we're 'cool' anymore we'll think back to this stage when we are her favorite people in the world.

Sliding down the slide? No thanks, I'll walk down


Bethany's new thing is to bite her lower lip - she looks like she is really concentrating on driving in this picture

Daddy and me


I LOVE to swing!

After bath time hanging out in her giraffe robe from Grandma Bauman

Some more pics of Bethany with her monkey: 6.5 months old





No comments: