Monday, March 14, 2011

The Big Announcement

Putting Bethany to bed and drifting off to sleep 30 minutes later while watching tv...

Waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom (and one time breaking my toe!!)....

Seeing a sappy commercial on tv and getting teary eyed....

Smelling stale bread from across the room when no one else can....

Did I mention being soooo sleepy?


Yep, we're pregnant with tiny tot #2 expected around September 22nd/23rd, 2011. Given my history with Bethany we'll be prepared for an August baby but I'm hoping to make it to at least Labor Day, because in any event it would make a good story, right? The Doctors will keep a close eye on things this time because routinely second babies come earlier than firstborns.


We are hoping that the 2nd and 3rd trimesters are less eventful than the first. Remember my appendectomy? Well, that happened when I was about 7 weeks pregnant. In fact, I was worried that the stomach pain was because of the baby and the nurseline confirmed that they were suspicious of a tubal pregnancy. Thankfully it was my appendix, but it was still very stressful knowing that 13% of pregnancies end when having an appendectomy. The surgeon and Dr's were very kind to walk through all the risks with me and in explaining that having a CT scan to confirm it was my appendix would have been too risky with a developing fetus. God was really watching over me and this little one and although I had a tough recovery (which I NEVER want to experience again!) we made it through. Subsequent ultrasounds showed that the baby is still growing right on track and there are no adverse signs related to the surgery and they expect a normal pregnancy from here on out. Right now baby is about the size of a lime and I'm looking forward to when I will start to feel the little twitches and movements for the first time.


We booked a second babymoon for Memorial Day weekend to go to a different resort in the Riviera Maya region in Mexico. Bethany will come along and we're excited for our last family vacation as a family of 3.

This pregnancy is going much faster! Probably because we have a little toddler running around to keep us busy. I haven't taken one picture or written anything down besides this post! It really is true that the second baby has a lot less documented with its life! Well, little one, we are very happy you will be joining our family in a few short months. We welcome you with open arms and Bethany has been practicing with her doll. Don't worry, we won't let her try to wrap you in your blanket or put your hat on as we've only see her do this with her doll in varying degrees of success. We know she'll be a great big sister!

3 comments:

Laura Peters said...

YEAH! I am so happy for the both of you!

Linnea said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Congrats again!! I'm so excited about all the babies!

Amber Gilchrist said...

I'm so excited to be an auntie again to another precious niece or nephew!!! Charlie's excited to meet another cousin :)