Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Addition to my list

I failed to mention that another reason that I should not have signed up for the Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon is that I am old and my knees don't work as they used to.

In the first two weeks I logged over 28 miles and felt pretty good. Then, Saturday the 14th I attempted a 5.5 mile run. My knees were a bit sore at the beginning but I kept running and was impressed I finished the run. Afterwards though my knees were really sore and since then I've had a lot of swelling and needed to ice off and on and take a lot of Advil. I'm so sad! Hopefully I will heal soon so I can still run the race, but I'm taking this as a sign that I need to slow down and not rush into training.

So, you can continue to ask me how things are going, but note that I'll probably give you a sob story about my old, achy knees and how I hope to start running again soon.

No comments: