Monday, February 18, 2008

First day at the new office

Today was my first day in my new office. We moved across the street since the rent in the Wells Fargo building was apparently too high for Wells Fargo employees so we got kicked out. Accounting firms pay more to be in our cool building I guess.

Dan dropped me off and I remembered what floor I was on and followed the signs to my new desk number 142. But, much to my surprise it was empty! Sure, the sign said Welcome, Heather but no monitor, no boxes... hmm... did I miss a memo or something about the status of my employement?

Very confused I looked around and everyone else seemed to have their belongings all setup and organized (since they moved last week when I was on vacation). Perhaps mine were locked away for safekeeping while I was out, so I checked with the hurrying admin that went by me. No, she said, your boxes should be there. She looked in the door and then back at me with a shocked look. Now, I was really getting scared. She scurried around a few aisles over and called me. There was another office labeled "142" but just in another group. All my boxes were there safe and sound along with my computer items all hooked up in the other location. After talking with the IT guys, they helped me move everything back to MY "142" office and I was up and running in under an hour.

Whew, what a crazy Monday. It would have been a great practical joke, if it were actually a practical joke!

No comments: