Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rest of the vacation - minus the pictures

The pictures are on Dan's computer right now so we'll post them later. To pick up where I left off, Wednesday was a lazy day around the condo and must have been relaxing because I started feeling sick. The last time I had a sinus infection was on our trip to Asia so Dan thought maybe we should not go on any more vacations... That doesn't sound fun so I think we should go on MORE vacations so my body doesn't have time to get sick each time :)

Thursday was still a little chilly but was really sunny. We drove to Silver Springs and saw the famous Glass Bottom boats and took a few tours that day and saw more alligators including an albino (sp?) one. On the way back we went to a mini-golf place and then an all you can eat Lobster, crab legs, and prime rib buffet. What a great Valentines Day :) After all the planning the guys did for us a few Friday's ago, it was the least I could do to take Dan to an all you can eat buffet for our special day.

Friday was the best day of the whole trip. It was 80 and sunny and we spent the whole day at the pool. Dan played basketball and tennis and his parents and aunt and uncle did the paddle boats later in the day too. I was content to soak up the sun and it made me feel a little better.

Saturday was an early morning to get to the airport for our 8 a.m. flight, but unlike the trip out we didn't have any problems getting home. But, a tip for anyone with sinus infections try to avoid flying! It was really painful to go up into the sky and back down twice feeling so congested and it also made my ears plugged. So, as soon as we got to Mpls we went straight to the Minute Clinic for meds and today I am feeling better. Good thing so that I can go back to work tomorrow at my new building. All in all it was a really fun trip and although I did get sick, I also got a sun tan that has kept me happy these last couple of cold days at home. At least it was in the 30s and not single digits like tomorrow will be so that we could work our way into the cold!

I'll try and post pictures tomorrow if I can get them on to my computer from Dan's.

No comments: