Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy 7 year anniversary!

I can't believe its been 7-years.... I remember our wedding day being hot and humid and a flurry of activity. Dan had just started his job at Best Buy right before graduating from Bethel, we closed on our house in Minnetonka (including painting and moving in our stuff), I started my internship at Wells Fargo and we were finishing the plans for the wedding.

I had prayed for no rain, but forgot to specify 80's would have been more comfortable than 90's for our packed ceremony and outdoor reception. There was air conditioning in the church, but since it was 98+ and HUMID it wasn't keeping up and everyone was very warm. I don't think I noticed though as I had been anxiously awaiting this day for a long time. When I finally walked down the aisle and saw Dan waiting for me, everything else went away.

After the wedding, we had our hordeorves and wedding cake at the outdoor reception in Minnetonka and then went to Bethel to take outdoor pictures near where Dan proposed almost a year earlier. Some of my favorite pictures are from that spot where our wedding party and immediate family gathered and enjoyed a picnic dinner.

That week we honeymooned in Northern MN at a resort on a lake and biked, swam, played tennis and enjoyed the 4th of July fireworks. It was the hottest week of 2002 when we looked back at the almanac, but again I don't think we noticed all that much.

As I think back over the last 7-years, I remember job promotions, finding our church, buying our lake property, meeting new friends, building the cabin, celebrating new births and weddings, our trip to Japan and Singapore, and now (right on schedule with our 7-year plan) expecting our first baby :). Its amazing how much has happened in 7 years, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I got to spend it with my best friend, and am so excited to see what God has in store for the next 7 years and beyond.

I love you Dan!
Here is a picture of our new (used) boat we bought last week for our anniversary. We had a great time trying it out last weekend, and yes, it did fit in the boat lift! Now we are ready to speed along Lake Marie with anyone daring enough to come along.

1 comment:

Four Buttons said...

Aww! Happy Anniversary guys!! We're about to come up on 7 and it's gone waay too fast! The anniversary gift is sweet!! We'll be daring enough to go out on it with you next time we visit :)