Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Twins game tradition with my dad

Every year for Father's Day I give my dad Twins tickets to go to a game with me. It started when I was a little girl and I knew all the players. Back then I was only able to buy my dad's ticket (in the upper deck no less) and he paid for my ticket, the food, parking etc. Now, we've graduated to better seats and I can even pay for my ticket and some food too :)

We went to the Twins vs. White Sox game last Wednesday and they won. It was our last game at the Metrodome and next year we'll have to find a pleasant weather day to be at the new outdoor stadium.

For awhile Dan, Amber, my mom came to the game with us but they don't enjoy baseball as much as us so we decided to continue the tradition on our own. Its nice to have some father-daughter time to catch up and watch baseball together. Growing up my dad helped me learn how to catch, throw and bat and I learned to love softball! I played in elementary school and then in high school moved up to varsity in 8th grade. My 9th grade year I was hit in the eye with a batted ball during practice and had complications from that so I missed a lot of that season. But after I fully recovered I went right back to playing. I'm glad I did because our team did really well my Senior year where we made it into sectionals and I batted .438 for the season! I went on to play in college at Bethel for 2 years before focusing on my school work and internships (and Dan :). Now I play with some co-workers in a slow-pitch summer league and its one of my favorite parts of summer to get outside an enjoy playing softball.

Phone pictures aren't the best - but here is a view of the action in the Metrodome
Its always fun to continue this tradition Dad!

No comments: