Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Put crib together. Check.

We finally put together the crib last Thursday night. We spent a few hours working on it and we were quite sore after sitting on the floor that long! It looks great and I just had to iron the bedskirt and get the bedding in it after we put it together. Dan added a couple of things he thought the baby would like too.

Here is what I came home to peaking over the edge of the crib...A very realistic looking monkey (i.e. not "baby-cute" looking) and a football from daddy. I'm sure she'll love them :)

Amber finally announced on her blog that she is pregnant too! It is so much fun that Dan's sister is due a month after us (Dec 27th) and Amber is due 3 months after us (Feb 22nd). Melissa found out she is having a girl, so I'm hoping at Amber's ultrasound next week they have a girl too. Wouldn't it be fun to have a built in playmate no matter which side of the family we are visiting? Yesterday we had family dinner at my parents house and took a couple of belly pictures of me at 31 weeks and Amber at 18 weeks that Amber put on her blog.

Last weekend I went to Trout Lake Camp with 16 other women from church and had so much fun. I went to camp every year as a kid and loved it. Now they have more modern options so our cabin had a bathroom which was nice for me. We had a wonderful speaker, the music/worship was great, and the food was actually delicious! Our group went for a pontoon ride, I took a tour of a new part of the camp, and had a massage. We had a campfire the last night and had fun getting to know everyone better. I love getting to know other women from our church that I may not know otherwise and this weekend was a perfect opportunity to do that. I think God has a plan for the women at Cross of Glory and I'm excited to see what it is.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

haha so cute about Dan's contributions to the crib! I am pretty sure my sis-in-law has the same bedspread in her crib too! how cute!

ScottandChistina said...

It looks great, Heather! Especially those “special items” added by Dan. As of today, you have exactly two months until your due date. Excited to meet baby Totman very soon.