Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend!

What a BEAUTIFUL weekend it was! It was perfect outside and we had so much fun at the lake! Dan and I went out on Friday night after the Vikings pre-season game and went kayaking on Saturday a.m. The water was like glass and we paddled effortlessly through the next two lakes. Tom and Becky and Adelyn came over that afternoon and we had fun on the boat for a few hours. Adelyn screamed as the wind blew in her face - she loved it! Allison and Jeremy came for dinner and then that night everyone had a little co-ed baby shower for us. We played the "traits" game, a matching baby game, and then we bobbed for pacifiers and decorated onesies. It was so much fun! The guys really got into the competition when bobbing for pacifiers, and were very creative on the onsies too! My favorites were Tom's: Made in Vegas, and Allison's: Party. My crib. 3a.m. BYOB (bring your own bottle). I had fun making mine - I smeared brown paint all over the bottom of my onesie and wrote Little Pooper over the top of it :)

Allison had been having her pre-term contractions again so they left in the middle of the night to go home.. but she was feeling better after resting on Sunday. Her baby is due 3 weeks after me so hopefully she can hang on a few more weeks and at least get to 30. Sunday Kevin came out to try out the boat and fish with Dan and Tom while Becky and I chatted during Adelyn's naps. We went tubing and I got banned from trying to ski :( Oh well, at least I got to go faster than normal on the tube! Dan was driving so he just made sure I didn't fly off.

Yesterday Dan and I went kayaking again in the morning and then relaxed on the boat. I couldn't believe we had such great weather all weekend. I wanted to package it up and six months from now trade it in for one of the cold snowy days!

I'll post pictures soon.... Thank you Belisles and Houles for the great baby shower! It was so much fun - we love you guys!

No comments: