Friday, December 14, 2007

Lots done today

Dan and I both took the day off of work today and went out to the lake to try and "catch" our builder in action. But, alas, he was not working today so we couldn't get some of our questions answered that we've been emailing and calling him about all week. He was going to have the basement ready for us to paint, but I received an email saying that next week he has a crew of people coming out to help him finish mudding and they are also going to paint instead of having us do that. So, while we were ready to have Dan's parents help us tomorrow, not having to paint at all I guess is a better situation! I'm not sure what our builder does, but it always seems like it is less than what he promised at the beginning of the week. I am very thankful that I am no longer stressed about the building process because it would drive me crazy if I felt like I had to plan around his timelines! There is no rhyme or reason to how he's getting this project done, but I am sort of happy to get out of painting the basement because he didn't get it ready for us in time :)

So, instead of painting we finished the LAST pile of trim work and a couple of doors that he hung upstairs. We also finished the pocket door and closet doors for the guest bedroom. I did all of the finishing work while Dan cleaned up after our builder to try and make things a little neater downstairs (the pictures were taken before he started cleaning). Tomorrow we'll go out again, bring the bathroom vanity and do the 2nd coat on the last pile of trim.

On Sunday we give our final presentation for our MBA's!! I think we're really prepared and our group feels good about it. So, by about 8:00 CT Sunday night Dan and I will be done with school forever. Too bad I have to fly to Seattle the next morning on the 7 a.m. flight otherwise I'm sure we would go out to celebrate.





mudding and taping started in the basement guest bedroom

View of the family room/wet bar area in the basement

Basement sheetrocked!

No comments: