Thursday, March 20, 2008

robin tradition

One of my family's traditions is to find the first robin every year. I can't remember when this started, but ever since I was a little girl I remember talking to my parents and sister about being the first one to see the robin. I'm pretty sure I won most of the time because I was so competitive, but every so often my dad, mom or even Amber would see the first one.

Today my dad announced that he heard a report that someone saw a robin today and put us all on alert. I've been staring out my office window all day looking, but I guess the first place robins go in the spring happens to be someplace else other than downtown Minneapolis.

So, tomorrow afternoon when I get off of work early for Good Friday, I'm going to be driving around looking for a robin. If anyone sees one, let me know and I'll drive over! (Hopefully my family doesn't read this and start looking more intently too, the best way to win is to quietly search)

What traditions do you have?

1 comment:

Bradley said...

Hi Heather!
Jon and I saw a robin on our deck Sunday evening. It flew away before I was able to call you down here though :) Any luck with your search? Maybe you should move to the south side--haha.

Hope you are doing well!