Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring!

Spring is here! Yesterday felt a lot like spring, but officially this morning the Vernal Equinox occurred. We're supposed to get snow today and tomorrow, but I doubt the remaining snow on the ground will last much longer.

Dan's favorite season is spring because it is the furthest point from winter again. I think I am a summer person, but probably because its my birthday then and I have so many fun memories being at the lake all summer and not in school. Fall is another favorite because of the beautiful leaves, bonfires, and football. But, spring has its bonuses too. Even though I don't normally like birds, they sound so sweet in the spring chirping in the trees in the morning. Spring also has the best flowers with daffodils and tulips. Usually we see a fawn or two prancing around in the spring, and they are so cute - unlike when they are grown and eat my garden!

I also can't deny the fresh air that demands you open your windows and get the stuffiness of winter out of your house. It usually leads to a day or two of spring cleaning where I get the urge to purge the house of excess clothes and magazines, clean out the fridge, dust everything (even the cobwebs by the ceiling) and rub out the cabinets. Now that I think about it, THAT is probably the reason Dan's favorite season is spring :)

No comments: