Thursday, March 27, 2008

I hate the robin tradition :(

My dad just called and was the first one in our family to see a robin this year. I had heard from several of my friends and co-workers that, yes, they'd seen robins all over the place, but I still haven't seen one!!!

My parents are taking a picture of the infamous robin they saw and I might post it on the blog as proof that they won, but that doesn't sound like very much fun.

I've decided I don't like this tradition very much, and here are the reasons:
1. I work downtown and robins apparently don't like it down here.
2. Like my dad said, it is sudden elimination and so whenever someone sees one it is done for a whole year
3. Even if you are the lucky one to see the first robin, its not like you actually win anything

I'm sure there are more reasons, but thats it for now. Bah Humbug.

No comments: